Oct 19, 2015

WOLF BY WOLF release!

Obviously this is not a blog I update voraciously. *eyes the entire year that's passed without a post*

But TODAY I'm here to talk about my new (fourth!) book WOLF BY WOLF, which comes out in approximately 4 hours!




Code Name Verity meets Inglourious Basterds in this fast-paced novel from the author of The Walled City.

The year is 1956, and the Axis powers of the Third Reich and Imperial Japan rule the world. To commemorate their Great Victory over Britain and Russia, Hitler and Emperor Hirohito host the Axis Tour: an annual motorcycle race across their conjoined continents. The victor is awarded an audience with the highly reclusive Adolf Hitler at the Victor's ball.

Yael, who escaped from a death camp, has one goal: Win the race and kill Hitler. A survivor of painful human experimentation, Yael has the power to skinshift and must complete her mission by impersonating last year's only female victor, Adele Wolfe. This deception becomes more difficult when Felix, Adele's twin brother, and Luka, her former love interest, enter the race and watch Yael's every move. But as Yael begins to get closer to the other competitors, can she bring herself to be as ruthless as she needs to be to avoid discovery and complete her mission? 

-

This is a strange hybrid project. Mostly alternate history, part thriller, with a dash of science fiction thrown in for good measure. It was, honestly, a terrifying book to tackle. History alone is an incredibly hard genre. The amount of research involved is... stunning. Alternate history requires you to not only know the facts, but to know them well enough to manipulate them and make the parallel reality believable. ACK! Reading about Adolf Hitler's vision for the world, and what the New Order would have looked like had he won the war, was simply terrifying. Bringing this world to life was so, so taxing emotionally, and I can only hope that I have done Yael's story justice.

You can get it for a great deal over at Amazon. Or you can order a signed copy from Blue Bicycle Books!

3 comments:

  1. Hey Ryan,
    I just read your Wolf by Wolf.
    Nice read and I couldn't put it down until I finished it.
    Very much hoping for the sequel.
    Hope you'll release soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Reading wolf by wolf was a great experience and I am glad that you shared about it here because I got to know about this from this blog. Anyway, I am also looking for best corporate events Chicago locations. Do you have any suggestion for me?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just finished Wolf by Wolf and I loved the book. Do you have a title yet for the sequel? Want to get the name on my radar so I can be on the look out for the new book.

    ReplyDelete