Jan 1, 2012

happy new year!

Hello, lovely readers! I'm popping in to pay my blogging dues in the new year before I have to retreat back into the revision cave. It hasn't been such a terrible place so far, to be honest. It involves lots of music. And hot beverages. And daydreaming about princes and London. The only downside to it is that things seem to move so slow. I know, in the back of my mind, that they aren't. Rough drafting can take me anywhere from 4 months to a year, so I know that 1-2 month revisions aren't so bad at all.

Anyway, I digress. The other reason I haven't been around in the blogosphere is holiday duties. Christmas Eve BBQ and church, Christmas with my family and then a host of firemen swarming around our apartment to check out a possible electrical fire (there was no fire. Just a broken heater part that smells like burning hair *bleck*). Then a week long trip to Michigan with the grandparents-in-law, where I discovered that there are massive squirrels that look like groundhogs (size and color). There are also black-furred squirrels. I begged husband to go and catch one for me, but he declined.

So. 2011. It was a good year. I found superagent. I found supereditor. I met a whole bushel of authors at YALLfest. I found out that the second Sherlock Holmes movie is indeed as good as the first.

So. 2012? What will you bring? Right now I'm looking forward to Crewel by Genn Albin (October, baby!) and the next YALLfest. What is everyone else anticipating in 2012? Does anyone have any resolutions?


Also, going back to Michigan, I found the above in my stocking up there. Though you can't see it, the label on it says it's make with crystallized Swarovski Elements. And glass. A letter opener? A fancy hair pin that doubles as a stabbing device? (Too many spy movies...) I couldn't figure out what it was until I did some online investigating. Apparently it's a nail file (I didn't suspect this because of the glassified elements). A very fancy glass and crystal nail file.

So, with that, I'll leave you guys to your new year and go back to the revision cave. It was nice to get some air for a bit!

2 comments:

  1. " I found out that the second Sherlock Holmes movie is indeed as good as the first."
    Have you ever watched the BBC Sherlock series? Second series just started today, and it is SO GOOD. A very different beast to the movies, but I much prefer their version of Sherlock.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll have to check it out. Husband and I are always looking for good shows to watch!

    ReplyDelete