Oct 15, 2012

the busyness of life

Fall is busy.

Which makes Ryan a terrible blogger. The busyness also addles her brain a bit, which is why she's now referring to herself in the third person. Alas.

Which I will now stop doing because it requires too much brain power for my addled brain.

Because I'm insane and I really want to take big and expensive trips all around the world, I have not one, but two other jobs I maintain aside from writing big, fat books. I also try to have a semblance of a social life. And settle in to my new house. So when revisions roll around combined with all of these other things, I have a minor panic attack and then sacrifice my blog posts as a result. So I'm sorry. You have fallen victim to my insane schedule.

BUT I'm starting to see the light at the end of the revision tunnel, which is always a good thing. (Generally it means I have about a week or two left in the process.) 

To destress I've been painting furniture. It helps. I'm not sure why. Maybe it's the paint fumes. Or the very bright colors. 



The colors go into my grand scheme to give my new house pops of cheer and bright. (Yay!)

I also had a friend show up today to help me paint:


He meandered into my yard and helped by bounding around, wagging his tail and looking generally cute until his actual owners arrived and took him away. I have a feeling I'll see him again, since I've seen this particular pup roaming the streets of our neighborhood before. He must be a jailbreaker.

Other than paint I've been on the road a bit, going to weddings as both a photographer and a guest. While in Richmond I stopped here:



And bought a book just because I loved its cover. A good enough reason, right?



I've also been enjoying the colors of fall. Leaves. All things pumpkin. Cool air. I LOVE this time of year.


What has everyone else been up to? Is fall just as busy for you guys?

3 comments:

  1. I love the colors you picked for your furniture! I scrolled down and got caught up on the new title business (where is the cover already!!) and I love your short sassy new hair cut.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am going a bit color crazy. Here's hoping it all comes together without looking like a Limited Too store. :)

      I'm waiting for the cover too. Anxiously and on the edge of my seat!!

      Delete
  2. I must admit I am very guilty of judging a book by its cover...naughty, I know. But pretty books draw me in. All those colors! lol.

    ReplyDelete