May 28, 2013

the SNIS is alive!

The past few weeks have been packed with amazing things, hard things and all the things that lie within that vast spectrum. A quick rundown (though I shan't depress you with said hard things):

-I finished teaching at the preschool and I'm once again OFFICIALLY FULL TIME! Hooray! Only this time, I'm not going back when the summer ends. I'm a full time writer full time. I'm still figuring out what this means, now that I have 5 extra hours in my days to sit in front of the computer and resist the temptation to forever Tumble and Tweet.

-I've started exploring a brand new project, which is actually the SNIS (shiny new idea syndrome) that struck me around this time last year. I'm about 40+ pages in and it still feels pretty shiny. Motorcycles and tattoos. Nesting Dolls and Walther P38 pistols. It's a terrifying project in that I don't know if I can write the subject matter well enough (ie. the doubt monsters like to creep in and tell me to give up before I even begin and to that I say "H*ll no!").

-Hubby and I are joining a gym so that the Andes don't royally kick our butts in 8 weeks when we deign to hike them. They probably will anyway.

-In about 3 weeks I'll be able to show you the cover for ALL THAT GLOWS!!!! (Finally!!!) It's been sitting on my desk for quite an impressive amount of time, waiting for just the right moment to make its online debut. I can't wait to reveal it! (Also, 9 more months before ATG hits the shelves! That's a mere pregnancy away!)

-My awesome friends completely surprised me with a VINTAGE TYPEWRITER yesterday! I've always secretly wanted one (perhaps not to type with, but to at least put on a shelf, so that I'll look like I'm a "serious" writer. With black-ringed coffee stains on my manuscripts and typewriter ink on my fingers and all that.)


I'm thinking about stripping down the grimy gray and painting it. What do you guys say? My house is very bright, so it would go better with the decor that way!

-Hubby and I finally took our wolf-pup Raiden out into the wilds of Georgia. But that deserves a completely different post of its own. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment