Dec 7, 2011

i'm not the only one who loves food.

My husband is training for a pizza-eating contest next week at a local eatery. Apparently training for a food contest looks like this:


Yes, folks. That is a large mixing bowl filled with salad. He's eating it right now as he checks his emails. I'll let you know if he actually finishes it or not.

*update* 24 minutes in and he's about a third of the way through. He says (and I quote), "My jaw is getting tired."

*new update* 49 minutes in. He's got about 70% of the salad in his stomach. Quote of the moment? "I don't think I can finish it all."

*even newer update* 1 hour in.
Husband: "I can't finish."
Me: "C'mon. The Internet is counting on you."
Husband: "Really?"
Me: "Yes."
Husband: *adopts determined look* "I can do this. I love the Internet."

Just so you know, he's finishing for you, cyberspace.

*newest update* 1 hour and 13 minutes in. He has about three bites left. "I'm fighting. Fighting hard."

*final update* 1 hour and 15 minutes in. He's slammed his bowl on the floor as a sign of victory.

And done.
Now he's sitting in front of the computer watching an episode of Epic Mealtime. How can men do this again?

PS. Tune in next week for a recap of the actual pizza eating contest. It's sure to be equally gratuitous!

No comments:

Post a Comment