Dec 19, 2011

monday musings: recycled page art

One of the few thing that I don't like about the holidays are White Elephant gift exchanges. You know, the game where you swap gifts back and forth. I don't like it because I usually see something I really want and I never leave with it. The game makes me rather anxious. Husband and I recently participated in one of these exchanges and I must say, it helps to have a second person on your team. One of the things I was able to walk away with was one of my good friend's pieces of art. I met Brittany McCrea a little under a year ago, but it took a few weeks after our first introduction for me to realize what a talented artist she is! She's very good at hiding the fact. One of her favorite things to do is take pages of old library books and recycle them into sketches like this one:

Amazing details.

Seahorse is happy in his new home on my shelf.
Husband and I played kind of cut-throat to get this. The universe had to balance itself out: therefore our second White Elephant Prize was a 2012 Justin Bieber calendar (which I received after getting both a Harney and Sons Holiday tea pack and a Starbucks giftcard stolen from me). But coffee and tea are replaceable. One of a kind art is not!
Now, my friend Brittany doesn't have a website for her art, but I'm sure if you're interested in one of these sketches she would love to take commissions. She can draw and paint pretty much anything. Comment below if you're interested!

2 comments:

  1. I adore these, I've seen similar things on Etsy and think they're gorgeous... I am definitely interested! Pass along the contact info, I'd love to have my Le Chat Noir on a page!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh! That's definitely a good idea! That would look great on your blog too! I'll pass your info along to her!

    ReplyDelete